Console 1 full Integration with ableton

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Floa

Post by Floa » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 pm

S4racen

Re: Console 1 full Integration with ableton

Post by S4racen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:16 pm

Better canvassing the manufacturer, they would have to do it in association with Ableton.

Cheers
D

Floa

Post by Floa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 pm

I have spoke to them, they say that it has to do with Ableton will to implent the features, they are into it
And i’m into it. :x

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:16 am

Floa wrote:I have spoke to them, they say that it has to do with Ableton will to implent the features, they are into it
And i’m into it. :x
This request is very unspecific. Is there a control script today? What works? What doesn't work?
Make some music!

Floa

Post by Floa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:48 am

My chat with softube support

"
Hi Adam,

This is David at the Softube Support. Thanks for reaching out!

A deeper integration between Console 1 and Ableton (and all major DAWs) is definitely something we would like to see. This is something that we must work on together with the DAW vendors though.

The more other DAWs that we get this support from, the more leverage we will have when negotiating, so with it in place in Cubase, Reaper, Studio One and Sonar, some others will likely follow. Unfortunately I can’t give any time frames or promises at this point though.

I will save your mail as a Feature Request, but it might also be a good idea to contact Ableton and let them know that this is something you'd like to see happen.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your support!

Best regards,
David

David Gustafsson
Customer Support
Softube AB"

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:56 am

What's unclear to me is why Console 1 doesn't support some Mackie protocol. Wouldn't that get all those unsupported points working at once?
Make some music!

aktivomat

Post by aktivomat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Here another user who would really love to see a full integration of Console 1 with ableton.

toph

Post by toph » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:47 pm

+1
Also would like to be able to control volume, pan, mute, solo and switch tracks in Live by using the Console 1... works like a charm in Studio One, but I really would appreciate to be able to stay in Live even for mixing.

Afturmath

Post by Afturmath » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:21 pm

If you want to help make the case for this, send a feature request to Ableton support.

I sent this in July
The Softube Console 1 has the ability to control volume, pan, solo, mute, and synchronize track selection for other DAWs, and I would like to request this feature in Live 10. I know this would require work from both Ableton and Softube, so this is really just an effort to get more demand from another Live 9/10 Suite and Push 2 owner. I originally requested this feature with Softube who suggested I open a request with both vendors. I have attached their feature compatibility matrix for the Console 1 recall integration for reference.
And I got this back:
Jul 12, 01:56 PDT

While Softube's Console 1 software is supported via AU plug-in on Mac OS, we are currently exploring further development of the Console 1 VST (along with Softube) to offer better integration.

This is something that our developers are currently aware of, and hopefully, changes will be implemented in the near future. Your request is being monitored along with other, similar requests for Console 1 VST support and integration.

toph

Post by toph » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Afturmath, that sounds promising! - I just sent a feature request via the support form too! Thanks for sharing your effort.

Allphil4

Post by Allphil4 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:33 pm

+1 (don't have one yet but I'm interested). Ableton has worked together with Novation for close integration of SL MKIII, so I don't see why they shouldn't also work alongside Softube.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 am

Allphil4 wrote:+1 (don't have one yet but I'm interested). Ableton has worked together with Novation for close integration of SL MKIII, so I don't see why they shouldn't also work alongside Softube.
So have Softube paid Ableton to create a Remote Script so that they can sell more of their product? Thats the question to ask the manufacturer not Ableton.

Cheers
D

Dr.YaYa

Post by Dr.YaYa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:08 pm

+1

Been using console 1 for a while, but this keeps me from using it for mixing solely.

Pleease, work on this a little bit harder. Else i will need to look for another DAW for Mixing, i guess.

tribalogical

Post by tribalogical » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:56 am

+1 for full Console 1 integration.

I know the AU version works better than the VST currently (AU supports Track Name/Number. But not more).

I'd love to see full integration, as found in Studio One, Reaper and others. I've fully integrated the Console 1 into my mixing workflow, and would like to be able to use it for tracking as well.

That really requires the additional integration to work. So we kind of need all of it:
- Synchronized track selection
- Control of DAW volume and pan
- Control of DAW solo and mute
- Control of DAW send levels
- Automatic transfer of track name (currently supported in Live, but is AU-only on MacOS)
- Automatic transfer of track number (currently supported in Live, but is AU-only on MacOS)

Those last two are appreciated (it's a lot harder to manage the overall workflow without those basics). It's the same in Logic X currently, only name/number transfers. But they've said they're going to add full support soon!

So, here's hoping we can enjoy the same with Live... fingers crossed!
iMac 5K 27", 4.2Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, 3TB Fusion HD: Focusrite 6i6 v2: NI S88 keyboard
MacBookPro 13", 2.4Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD
MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)
Apps:: Live Suite 9.7.4, Logic Pro X
Plugins:: hordes...

malenko

Post by malenko » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:31 am

Just got console 1 and it’s a shame that it doesn’t fully integrate as it was intended too within Live, but it sounds and works so good I can put up with it for now!

+1 from me, let’s get this sorted!