Audio clip volume - arrangement view keyboard+mouse shortcut

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Phytotechnic

Audio clip volume - arrangement view keyboard+mouse shortcut

Post by Phytotechnic » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 am

Can we please have keyboard+mouse volume control of the audio clips in the arrangement view pane - for example, just as how holding control and moving the mouse up and down alters the velocity intensity in the midi clips?

This seems like a pretty easy implementation and would be fantastic time saver for those who work with lots of small audio clips in the arrangement view. I am also really loving the other new workflow features in Live 10.

Thanks!

Bdumaguina

Re: Audio clip volume - arrangement view keyboard+mouse shortcut

Post by Bdumaguina » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 pm

I second this. Not sure with Live 10 but in Live 9, if you map the Clip Gain slider over at the left side in Clip View to a MIDI controller (fader or knob - as long as it's a CC value) - you control the clip gain of ANY selected clip in focus - whether in Arrangement or Session view. It cannot be Keyboard mapped though.

pottering

Post by pottering » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Bdumaguina wrote:I second this. Not sure with Live 10 but in Live 9, if you map the Clip Gain slider over at the left side in Clip View to a MIDI controller (fader or knob - as long as it's a CC value) - you control the clip gain of ANY selected clip in focus - whether in Arrangement or Session view. It cannot be Keyboard mapped though.
Nice, thanks for the MIDI assign tip! Don't even need to select the whole Clip, just putting the insert marker over one works! It does work in Live 10 (on Win 10 here).

But for OP's suggestion, i fear the modifier+mouse combinations are pretty much all used in Live 10, due to the new functions like the better zoom/scroll options and Slide Waveform. Modifier+arrow keys are all used too.
♥♥♥

The Rabbits

Post by The Rabbits » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 am

pottering wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:28 pm
Bdumaguina wrote:I second this. Not sure with Live 10 but in Live 9, if you map the Clip Gain slider over at the left side in Clip View to a MIDI controller (fader or knob - as long as it's a CC value) - you control the clip gain of ANY selected clip in focus - whether in Arrangement or Session view. It cannot be Keyboard mapped though.
Nice, thanks for the MIDI assign tip! Don't even need to select the whole Clip, just putting the insert marker over one works! It does work in Live 10 (on Win 10 here).

But for OP's suggestion, i fear the modifier+mouse combinations are pretty much all used in Live 10, due to the new functions like the better zoom/scroll options and Slide Waveform. Modifier+arrow keys are all used too.
Is there a similar way to map a single midi cc to control the level or pan or a send level of the selected track? So it works on whatever track I select?