Komplete Kontrol tag integration

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
creativespiral

Komplete Kontrol tag integration

Post by creativespiral » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm

It would be awesome if Ableton could scan through KK library / presets and directly integrate links to those instruments/devices from the LIVE browser.

KK is so widely used now (and such a great system!) - I find that when I want to add a new sound into a track, I'm more likely to just start with an instance of KK, rather than the thousands of very good instruments in the LIVE browser... BUT IT SHOULDN'T FEEL LIKE an EITHER/OR choice. I feel like every time I want to add a new sound, I'm making a 50/50 choice and abandoning half of my possibilities for a new sound.

There are enough similarities in the taxonomy / organization between live and KK... seems like KK library could be scanned by Live and directly access sounds categorized in KKs "Bass" or "Drums" hierarchy into similar categories in Live's sound browser... perhaps adding a "KK: " prefix in front of all sounds that use the KK wrapper.

wearemindflux

Re: Komplete Kontrol tag integration

Post by wearemindflux » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:42 am

Hey its NKS. A lot of developers are getting on board so it is just a matter of time.

Its a relative new system NKS in terms of workability and ease of use which really came in with Maschine mk3 and Komplete Kontrol keyboard mk2. Which is all linked to the NI software.

You can use push 2 to do this to with the Ableton library which includes plug ins. The meta data tags are different yes but it is in principle the same.
Grab your free techno samples here>>>http://bit.ly/2YAS8so