Push 3 - a groove box!

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
Darkstarr666

Push 3 - a groove box!

Post by Darkstarr666 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Push 2 is amazing - there is no question about that.

But... a suggestion for Push 3: make it also a groove box, capable of operating and sequencing tracks and songs away from the studio (maybe using loadable Ableton Packs only). You could then reconnect back into your studio and sync what you have done back into a project. You could then edit and swap plugins/sounds...

This would suit travelling musicians, or if you simply want to be away from your studio for a while.

It could still function as per Push 2 - a controller, but would have the capacity to truly set you free from the confines of your studio!

JuSchu

Re: Push 3 - a groove box!

Post by JuSchu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:10 am

That would make the Push 3 so much more expensive than it would be without that feature. Just look at the price of an existing groove box and add a big part of that to the price of Push 2. And all the users that would never use that feature would still have to pay the extra price.
I think a much better idea would be to work together with Akai in a way that MPCs can export to Live. And there already exists an API for Apps that need a Live export function.

Also, there's no need for it. Laptops do exist and most Push users already have one. And if you don't have a laptop then the price of Push 3 with a groove box feature and the price of Push 3 without it plus a laptop probably wouldn't be that different.
Of course, you don't always have enough room for Push and a laptop. A few days after I bought my Push I was on a train and had my laptop and my push with me. I turned on the laptop, stated Live, closed the display (make sure the laptop doesn't turn off when you do that), turned it around upside down on my lap, put Push on top of it, connected it and started making music.
There are some things in Live you can't do on Push. Just take the whole Push-laptop-package and turn it around, open the display, do what you have to do, turn it around again.
This solution is much cheaper, since most Live users already own a laptop and it's even better, since you have the full version of Live and not just a boiled down version on a groove box.

Tarekith

Re: Push 3 - a groove box!

Post by Tarekith » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:15 am

I'd love to see a standalone Ableton groovebox myself too, but not sure that would be doable as part of the Push range given what we already have in Push 2.