Select value to display instead of 0-127 on macros

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
JuSchu

Select value to display instead of 0-127 on macros

Post by JuSchu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:31 pm

When you map multiple parameters to a macro, that have not exactly the same type of value, it doesn't show the value of the parameter anymore but only a number between 0 and 127. Even when you map it to two different dry-wet-parameters where one has whole numbers and the other one a decimal point.

By default, the macro could still display a number between 0 and 127 but you should be able to choose one of the mapped parameters that should provide the value that is displayed. This could be just a little checkbox in the macro mapping editor. Instead of showing 0 to 127 by default when more than one parameter is mapped, the value of the first parameter that was mapped could be displayed, but you still should be able to change it.

For example, if I map the filter frequency to a macro but I also map the gain of a Utility, so the sound gets a little bit more volume when the filter is turned down, then I still want to see the Hz value, neither the dB value nor the 0-127 value.

Of course, this should also change what happens when I select "reset to default on that macro. In that case, it's set to the default value of the parameter that was selected in the mapping editor. If the default value of that parameter is not in the mapped range then it's set to the closest possible value.