All times are UTC

Post subject: Push 3 - Displays on pads
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:20 pm 

Would be so great to have text displays on the pads so at a glance you can see what is assigned to the pad, e.g. The Sub Kick 1.wav

Post subject: Re: Push 3 - Displays on pads
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:53 am 

It would be really cool but it also would make Push 3 extremely expensive. Even if they would just use displays like on Push 1.
You couldn't use a single big display because the pressure sensor would have to be below the display since it's not transparent and because of that, the displays would have to be able to move independently from each other. So many small displays will cost a lot. It will also make Push 3 much more complex which also raises the production cost. Don't forget people will be hammering around on those displays, so they have to be reinforced.
In the end, I prefer a Push I can afford which still could be better over a Push I can't afford but has really killer features.
Also, would it even be better? You can't just put the same rubber pads over them. Then you can't read the display anymore. I'm skeptical if they would find a material that, with the right thickness for the best haptic, will still be transparent enough.