So here are my future Ableton version feature wishes

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
MalteB

So here are my future Ableton version feature wishes

Post by MalteB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:11 am

1- Audio Editing in Session Detail view
2- Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
3- Ableton top row bar (save project, options etc.) in Abletons own colour
4- Multiple Midi outs for Midi channels so you can have a Layer Master Midi channel
5- Multiple Audio To outputs from channels aka. sends
6- MPE support + Multitouch Screen XY Keyboard - x is pitch y is modulation
7- record arm for Groups -> group row can act as Layer master for all Midi Tracks in the group
8- Double click to create a Loop Clip on a Group in Session view -> Loop Clip on Group will send Midi to all Midi Clips in the group
9- Audio Send Effect -> Send Audio from Position in FX chain to a separate channel (aka m4l outist)
10- Oscilloscope
11- Expandable horizontal rectangle box over transport bar with recent projects to open - Or a button here for a popup box with recent projects and "new project"
12- Double click top bar of external Vst to open it, wrench key gets a new icon and will collapse it to small
13- Every Parameter is mappable to macros, Midi and Keymapping
14- You can now add infinite macro buttons
15- Macro button modulation will now be visually added or subtracted from current destination knob position - you can now leave the knob where it is and finetune with it (serum modulation)
16- Midi Modulators can now be mapped to multiple parameters - additively or substractive (non destructive modulations - leaves the know free for finetuning)
17- Buttons "next" "previous" preset on External Vsts
18- Automation lane under clip detail view in session view
19- Custom/more Midi expressions in piano roll editor bottom row (Kontakt orchestral-libraries expressions)

20- Option to start playback at last set cursor position (same position repeats if you press spacebar after pausing) - selecting an area or clip will not change the position of resuming playback, which you have set previously with the cursor - you can now select, edit and move clips and playback will still resume from the same point - for rechecking timing of the clips you moved (without having to click again to set the postition of playback

chrk

Re: So here are my future Ableton version feature wishes

Post by chrk » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:32 am

You know you can only have three whishes, though.

MalteB

Post by MalteB » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:05 pm

Oh, didn't know that, sorry!

timday

Post by timday » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Comping.

papawise

Post by papawise » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:25 am

I really like those additions
and I would add too:

21. Detachable MIDI editor as an independent window or Detachable Mixer as an independent window like the majority of the DAW's.
22. Fixed MIDI editor window size, exactly where you setted it last time.
23. Integrated Theme/Look editor.
24. An improvement of the High Dpi screen, because when using the zoom, still it degrades the text quality, at least in Windows 10 and Nvidia GTX 1050 card.