More collection colors?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
modular1

Re: More collection colors?

Post by modular1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:19 pm

Agreed. More bookmark and tagging options would be very welcome.

csyadsr

Post by csyadsr » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:48 pm

please give us more colours!!!

wascal

Post by wascal » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:14 pm

+1 for more than 7 colours. A tag based library would be so useful as well
TTKK / NOODLES / iANDALE! / TIGERBEAT6 / HOT & HEAVY etc
http://www.soundcloud.com/wascal

chakachak

Post by chakachak » Thu May 07, 2020 10:45 am

+1 for more colours.

+1 for a tag based library. A Library in the style of u-he-plug-ins would be great!

andwutt

Post by andwutt » Thu May 21, 2020 1:30 pm

i was thinking this myself. why not make all 70s colors available... there's an edit function on the top right of the box, right? the more the merrier i say.

Avelon

Post by Avelon » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:58 pm

yeeees more colours to organise my favourites - please!
Or is there another way? Couldn't get my head around copying my favourites in a folder :/

Raoulofdenmark

Post by Raoulofdenmark » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Yes please ! more colours.
Dual 1.8 ghz G5 , RME digi96 , Microkontrol , Mackie/Logic Controller , OS 10.4.2 , 1.5 GB RAM

Cyberstar

Post by Cyberstar » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:35 am

+1 for added collection colors.
3.6 GHz i7-9700K 8-Core|Win 10 64|MOTU 16a|Push 2|Live 10.1.15 Suite|Komplete12|Studio One V4|Reason 11|Zebra 2|Omnisphere 2||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/nomar161

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:49 am

hvg wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:09 pm
Is there a technical reason we're limited to 7 collection colors? For me, the Live 10 collors have been a godsend as it's the only way for me to group everything (VST, Kontakt libraries, samples) in one place. But with such a limited number of colors I ran out fairly quickly and it's starting to get messy again...
More collections period.

cqma

Post by cqma » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Yes, more colours please!
The collections are extremely useful and I would like to have more of them.

GeoffModulate

Post by GeoffModulate » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:32 am

Yup. I really like this feature, though I'm not that bothered about colours. Colours are nice but not essential. Cubase has a very similar function where you can put VST's into collections, so I have collections of instruments for different projects and similar for mixing/mastering etc. Then sub folders for EQ, reverb, delay, FX etc. These are just based around text names. I like having colour coding but I'm happy with just text.

I really like that I can put anything into a folder, so I could make a collection of Kick drums or snares etc out of sample packs.

Yes, I know I could make a favourites folder and a mix folder etc with shortcuts, but it's messier than doing it inside Live.

rcube

Post by rcube » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:29 pm

+ 1 for as many collection slots as I want - I don't see any reason (UI or technical) why this feature is so limited.

thefrequencyshifter

Post by thefrequencyshifter » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:14 pm

+1 for unlimited collections

Jordan Vanderwerf

Post by Jordan Vanderwerf » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:14 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add an option to add your own infinite amount of customizable coloured Collections.

I just read this entire thread and GREAT ideas everyone. Except those who say they would be happy with only 2 more colours. how useless is that? AND more importantly how little work does it require ABLETON to just add an "add collection" feature.

I like how people have shared their versions of *being cooped up in the simple world of 7 colours*.. From my perspective, we are all locked in a cage. And it's quite hilarious. And depressing. :roll:

I DISAGREE HIGHLY with the assumption that 'Collections' are to be used as some sort of half-assed organization tool called "Colour Tags". And 'thank you' @ABLETON for treating your precious customers like children who can't even be trusted to figure out how to organize our own folders. I.e. Picking contrasting colours/Naming. I am confident we can all figure out the 'colour dilemma' by ourselves. And more colours is not the same as letting a baby play with a knife. Good grief.

This feature is SLICK or so I thought until I learned the lame truth of the limitations. :!: :?:

For pray do tell me what other purpose "Colour Tagging" can serve besides creating INDEPENDENT(of vst folder organization - because I, like most, want my vsts subfolders organized by brand name/Type, thus utilizing "Collections :?: " to do 'COLLECTING' :idea: a second layer) ORGANIZATION folders based on very customizable layouts.

Please add a free/infinite/addable amount of 'collections', for all the grownups. :D

Thank you

Sincerely

J

Jordan Vanderwerf

Post by Jordan Vanderwerf » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Furthermore.

The colour aspect of "Colletions" is minimal.

The hotkeys for saving favourites are number keys. NOT colours.

We can do any number of hot key functions to access a higher number of folders. Like people suggested using shift+#. Perhaps Ableton could even be programmed with a simple feature like the one ITUNES has for locating Music - quickly typing an entire name, or at least the first two digits. This could be applied to Ableton's Collections. And realistically, 99 Collections is tons if only two digits could be incorporated.