Freeze and flatten drum rack pads

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Danny Mal

Freeze and flatten drum rack pads

Post by Danny Mal » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Drum racks are awesome for jamming and getting ideas together, especially when used in conjunction with push. The trouble is, they grow to be a pain when it comes time to flatten to audio. While its possible to flatten an entire drum rack, this is far from ideal for polishing a mix.

Since its already possible to access the chains of individual pads(or tracks) within a drum rack, i would love to see the implementation of freeze and flattened much like a regular midi track(obviously with the extra step of removing it from the drum rack).

Currently, I see two solutions.. either tediously drag and drop each chain out of its pad onto its own track before freezing and flattening, or resample. Either of these solutions is painstakingly slow and inefficient.

To me, this turns drum racks from feeling like a intuitive creative tool, into nothing but a headache later on, and while it pains me to say it, ultimately leaves me feeling like Id be better off not using racks in the first place(which is just a huge shame since its way more fun).

I have seen this topic touched on in a few threads but never with an efficient solution, or put forward as a feature suggestion. If I am wrong here, please enlighten me, otherwise this would be a great addition.

Cheers,
Dan

diaseis

Re: Freeze and flatten drum rack pads

Post by diaseis » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:34 pm

+1 :wink:
Ableton Live 10 64bits, Push 2, Windows 10

phil71x

Post by phil71x » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:21 pm

I'm also interested to know how to efficiently bounce each pad of a drumrack!
I guess you need to add a track for each pad. At least you can resample them in one go!

tjspurge

Post by tjspurge » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 am

+1. Bounce all your pads in one go and have the samples get put into a special folder in the Current Projects folder.

BatSwarm

Post by BatSwarm » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:49 pm

+1

Freeze everything!!