LOW LATENCY MODE --- WHY ISNT THIS ALREADY A FEATURE?!?!?!

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
pleaseaddthis

LOW LATENCY MODE --- WHY ISNT THIS ALREADY A FEATURE?!?!?!

Post by pleaseaddthis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:07 pm

#1 we need low latency mode like logic pro x. in ableton this is a huge problem for recording midi and ESPECIALLY for recording audio. currently we mighta as well not even bother recording audio in ableton.

this is the main feature that logic pro x has that ableton desperately needs. we need this feature to turn on, play midi without latency, and then reenable the plugins causing the latency. logic pro x does this by having the feature disable plugins and things that would cause latency. thus things might sound off while playing but thats okay because once you turn off low latency mode everything re enables.

this is a huge problem for recording midi and ESPECIALLY for recording audio. currently we mighta as well not even bother recording audio in ableton.

#2 another feature that would be amazing would be adding a take folder system to recording audio tracks just like logic pro x. this feature makes recording and comping takes super easy by letting you loop a few bars, then just collecting each recording pass into a folder that can be opened like a dropdown menu and the parts we want to keep can be swiped and spliced together, creating a master comp on top.

as a professional power user that uses multiple daws, these 2 features are the biggest reasons i cant just completely ditch logic pro x and move fully to ableton. ableton is superior in every other way, but these few problems make me unfortunately have to use logic pro x in certain sessions, like music writing creative sessions and such where I need to be able to let a musician jam out a vocal or a midi part and bust out quick demos. if we could get at least just a low latency mode, it would allow us to use abletons MUCH more powerful loop and drum system in creative writing sessions, but currently i cant load up any sort of demo session template because the fx and sounds cause latency that cant be toggled on and off when recording like we can in logic pro x because of low latency mode.

PLEASE ADD THIS SO WE CAN FINALLY DITCH THAT TRASH DAW LOGIC PRO FOREVER!!!

pleaseaddthis

Re: LOW LATENCY MODE --- WHY ISNT THIS ALREADY A FEATURE?!?!?!

Post by pleaseaddthis » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:24 pm

+1
(bumping because i posted a couple more requests in their own threads but this one is by far the most important so it needs to not get buried

giforce

Post by giforce » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:46 am

+1 :!:

d.

Post by d. » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:53 am

An unprofessional nopoweruser question, just to make sure:
You turned off Latency compensation mode in Options tab?
This is on by default. The other way round like in logic. Same effect.

+1 to anything else

cheers
d.

torbenscharling

Post by torbenscharling » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:28 pm

I agree they need to optimize the live aspect of live big time. Seems like it's very low priority as most users don't complain and just use high buffer or simple projects with sample execution that requires no such low latency demands. Sucks really, but this has been an issue from day one, that other DAW's are starting to figure out. It doesn't help that not much advancement has been made on the processor side of things and DSP stuff is still hella expensive so really it comes down to ableton devs optimizing their shit or users having to use multiple machines to do what they want, or cross over from one daw to the other...all patch solutions not dedicated one daw can do it all solutions. I have Pro Tools and shit like that but I also hate that there is so little focus on these things it seems like Mainstage is still one of the few options for a truly live oriented setup, where Ableton Live still feels like there are so many kinks and abandonware areas that should have been developed fully years ago but somehow they stubbornly stick to the original look and expect users to go for m4l and other stuff to do what they want. For the simple user it'd be much better if these things where just implemented and the ego left at the door cause not everyone finds it funny to have crackles when recording or having to use other daws for the shit Ableton can't do. Imagine if they left their ego at the door so much, that we would be able to have custom looks like Reaper can be made to look like Pro Tools with a simple theme....Imagine the possibilites if you open your mind and embrace your mistakes and faults and fix them accordingly. Oh what a glorious day that would be.