User Remote Script Additions

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
annihilator.1

User Remote Script Additions

Post by annihilator.1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:10 am

Hi

Would be useful to have a few additional button mappings,

Overdub in Session View, in addition to existing Transport controls.

Left & Right, to select a device to control while in Device View.
Up & Down, to select a chain in a device rack.

Angstrom

Re: User Remote Script Additions

Post by Angstrom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:17 am

Are you talking about that old text file?
I'm not sure they even maintain that any more. It dates from before the API was even a thing. Once the Python API appeared they seemingly abandoned it.

IMO it would be worth one of the 3rd party companies who make M4L tools and remotescripts to take over that and make a modern remotescript (python) called "usermapping".
And then populate the python script with calls to the framework classes all referencing a text file in a user accessible location, then provide a nice PDF manual or Max GUI device for users to edit the text file. Yes Darren, I'm talking to you.
:wink:

annihilator.1

Post by annihilator.1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:39 am

Yeah those old scripts.

Reason I ask is I have X-Touch mini and a user script is the only way to get the follow device function.
I also use the user script for a Akai MPD16, not class compliant & driver don't work on win 10.

Trying to avoid 3rd party apps like midi to key converters etc or even m4l so I think user remote scripts still have their place.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:08 am

Angstrom wrote:Are you talking about that old text file?
I'm not sure they even maintain that any more. It dates from before the API was even a thing. Once the Python API appeared they seemingly abandoned it.

IMO it would be worth one of the 3rd party companies who make M4L tools and remotescripts to take over that and make a modern remotescript (python) called "usermapping".
And then populate the python script with calls to the framework classes all referencing a text file in a user accessible location, then provide a nice PDF manual or Max GUI device for users to edit the text file. Yes Darren, I'm talking to you.
:wink:
Hahahaha, have you seen the new remotify?

Cheers
D