Visualization Kit for 3rd Party plugins (and your votes for which ones!)

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Which plugin vendors, would you like to have Ableton "native" visualizations?

CableGuys
No votes
FabFilter (not the full UI, but some part of it!)
No votes
iZotope
25%
Melda
No votes
Native Instruments
No votes
SoftTube
No votes
SoundToys
25%
u-he
No votes
Voxengo
No votes
Waves
50%

Total votes: 4

akiot

Visualization Kit for 3rd Party plugins (and your votes for which ones!)

Post by akiot » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 am

One of the features I really like about Ableton is the visualisation of its native effects and instruments in the device/instrument panel. This makes Live one of the best DAWs in terms of effects chain visual feedback. Unfortunately, it is not the case when you use 3rd party plugins ... unless it has been implemented by Ableton (such as Glue Compressor from Cytomic). It would be great if Ableton offers basic visualisation kit for 3rd party developers so that if they so choose, they can offer superior Ableton integration and make it feel more "native") and ability to control via Push.

Then it would be for us Ableton users to pressure our favourite 3rd party plugin vendors to support Ableton visualization (and also pre-mapping for Push)

Horselover Fat

Re: Visualization Kit for 3rd Party plugins (and your votes for which ones!)

Post by Horselover Fat » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:13 am

This is a fine idea once 3rd party plugins are properly supported. But they're not. Yes, 3rd party tools like Ubermap or Preditor will finally allow you to name and sort parameters the way you want and the way it should be integrated in Live. But there's an even more basic problem/bug and it's hidden in the way Live talks to Push 2 so that no 3rd party tool can mitigate it. In this thread viewtopic.php?f=55&t=221501 you will find the problem described. There's a mismatch in parameter values with certain plugins when turning knobs. For instance in NI Monark Push displays a certain OSC waveform type that is not selected in the plugin. Same bug exists in freeware like Podolski or Zebralette too. Support told me it's not on their to do list, so I gave up on proper integration of 3rd party instruments.