chain handling in racks in Push 2

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
donhogo

chain handling in racks in Push 2

Post by donhogo » Mon May 06, 2019 11:16 am

Currently it's not possible to add/delete chains to/from racks (Drum Rack, Instrument Rack, Audio Effect Rack, MIDI Effect Rack) and/or add new devices to empty chains in these racks from Push 2.

As a workaround I add a few chains to a rack and add a single (dummy) device (e.g. Utility, Velocity) to each chain and save this as default. Then I'll be able to at least select a chain and add/delete devices to/from it.

It would be great to add/delete chains to a rack and to add new devices to an empty chain in a rack from Push 2 as well.

Additionally it's not possible to select fx-return chains in drum- and instrument-racks from Push 2. It would be great if the fx-return chains would also be in the chain list and would be selectable from Push 2.

Aristaeus

Re: chain handling in racks in Push 2

Post by Aristaeus » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:48 pm

I know this is an old thread, BUT...

I just discovered you can control/edit an effect chain (in the Return Chain) from Push2 in a Drum Rack but it has to be selected first from within Live and then it seems to stick around after that.

And if you want to control the send levels, along with pan vol of a chain, I discovered you need to unfold the rack and select a chain and then press Mix. If you press Mix again, you get to control ALL racks using all 8 knobs. Pretty sweet! :)

In order to see that, the rack needs to be unfolded, but... It also says in the Push 2 docs that you can only fold/unfold drum racks from Live only:
Note that Drum Racks cannot be folded or unfolded directly from Push 2. They will appear in Push 2’s display as folded or unfolded depending on how they were set within Live - see docs under 31.10.2
but it looks like they have updated their software since at least the last version of L9 because it works for me

And as for what donhogo outlined I vote +1 for this as well. :D