Export request: Default folder

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kdegussem

Export request: Default folder

Post by kdegussem » Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 pm

I'm currently on Mac OSX and this may not apply on Windows machines. I've made the switch half a year ago so I can't check if the same issue exists there aswell.

The way Ableton Live opens the Finder window / Explorer window on different actions, varies greatly from action to action depending on where it gets called from within Ableton. The rules here are not consisting.

Whereas opening or saving a file from within Ableton will bring you to the current working directory, or in case of a new project, the last used location. However when you try to export it will always bring you to the last location where you rendered to. This creates the side effect that one can mistakenly, and very much so often, render tracks to the wrong directory. Could it be possible that the export rules can be set, that if we are talking about a saved project, the default location that opens when rendering is the root folder of the project?

diogofelipe

Re: Export request: Default folder

Post by diogofelipe » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:59 am

I'd love it too.

ChromoSone

Post by ChromoSone » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:34 pm

:mrgreen: Yes, please! Happened so often te me. :oops:

eddielovesyou

Post by eddielovesyou » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:35 am

Yes please. An option in preferences would be fine too.

ChromoSone

Post by ChromoSone » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:23 pm

Been wondering eversince I started using Live, some years back, how to fix this issue.
I am glad to see I am not alone, but sad to see there's no way to make this rather obvious default behaviour a standard.
It happened so many times to me! :x

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 pm

No need for me. Have a folder called "_Export". So the current implementation works fine here...

Mderze

Post by Mderze » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:55 pm

I'm hoping for that since years! Not only do I keep exporting my files to the wrong directory but having to manually change the directory and create a new extra folder for every single project takes up a lot of unnecessary time.
Especially when working on a lot of different projects shortly after each other - something I often do - that would be extremely convenient.