Request: Write Temporary Files to Export Location

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
studiojohnny

Request: Write Temporary Files to Export Location

Post by studiojohnny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm trying to bounce individual stems of 100+ tracks to send to another producer but the temp .aad files are being written to /Users/John Doe/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup and filling up the system drive even though I'm saving them to an external drive. (My 2013 Mac Pro has an internal drive that's hard to replace so it's tiny and constantly filling up. Can't wait for the new Mac Pro.)

It's weird that these temporary files are not created in either the cache or temporary folder. Isn't that what those folders are for?

An alternate solution would be a new line of code that has Ableton write the temp files at the same destination as the export. Obviously if you're exporting there, there's space.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As of right now I'm having to delete tracks and also delete files on my system drive to create the 15gb needed to get this export to finish. Nashville producer (ProTools guy) and A&R guy are having to wait. Granted, I should have a larger system drive obviously. But still. Code could be optimized.

studiojohnny

Re: Request: Write Temporary Files to Export Location

Post by studiojohnny » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm

Silly.