iPadOS version

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
odellcs

iPadOS version

Post by odellcs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:45 pm

This may not be the right place, but I would sure love to put ableton live on my ipad and run it directly Fromm there. Any chance this could happen in the future?

Allitrot

Re: iPadOS version

Post by Allitrot » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 pm

This would be incredible. Work on a project while away from home and then take it home and transport everything into your computer.

Drizzle

Post by Drizzle » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:35 am

Ableton on the ipad would be dope!

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:28 pm

I would love a lightweight Live version for the iPad, one that would integrate seamlessly with the PC/Mac version, so that it would be easy to get an idea started on the iPad and then keep working on the desktop/laptop.

theworldsnative

Post by theworldsnative » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am

YES PLEASE! even more so now with the new ipad pro and trackpad support! it's the last thing I need to move on to iOS production :mrgreen:

Juli310

Post by Juli310 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:09 pm

I hope it will come soon, too. This would be amazing. By bringing Live to the iPad, Ableton would create a solid base for the foreseeable future. Most people who own a Laptop now, will own a tablet 5 years from now. And this tablet will probably be an iPad, if Microsoft etc. don't catch up soon. It would be foolish of Ableton to leave this market out. On top of that, the iPad brings new possibilities for live performances. The potential for a full version of Live on the iPad is huge!
If Ableton won't bring a full featured iPad version in the near future, I will switch to Logic on the iPad since it's release is probably already right around the corner.

theworldsnative

Post by theworldsnative » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:53 pm

I've been wishing for this for years! an interface inspired by push that would allow you to compose and also perform live. it makes even more sense now that the ipad is becoming more and more complex and powerful. it's the last thing I need to switch fully to ipadOS and sell my mac

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Would you all pay the same price for an iPad version as the desktop version though?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:03 pm

Tarekith wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:02 pm
Would you all pay the same price for an iPad version as the desktop version though?
Like I mentioned in my previous post in this thread, I never pictured a "full" version on the iPad - more like a companion app of sorts, something that would let you seamlessly continue your iPad "sketches" on your PC or Mac. I don't have the vision or technical know-how to elaborate, but ideas don't usually come to me when I plug in the power cord, boot up my computer, log into Windows and launch Live. They come to me everywhere else, and the iPad is so much more "ready to go". So I guess what I'd like is a "sketchpad", with native Live devices, Session view and Arrange view and a smooth way of getting those ideas into "full" Live. It's kind of implicit that the iPad version could be used to let you create a track from start to finish, but that its main purpose would be to get ideas down when you're not in front of your computer - when you're commuting or just chilling in the sofa or whatever.

So, to answer your question: I don't think the price would be the same, as I think the main customer base would be existing users - at least in the first "round".

Juli310

Post by Juli310 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:32 am

Tarekith wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:02 pm
If Ableton manages to bring all the desktop features to the iPad and make it a standalone app, yes, I would pay the same price. If it's not a full version and only a companion app then price would have to be adjusted accordingly. (I'm talking about the Standard version price, Suite price would be too much ofc.)

I contacted the support a few days ago, asking about the iPad app. They are well aware of the iPad's rise in popularity but couldn't give me anymore information about the current state of a possible(!) iPad app.

Dr.YaYa

Post by Dr.YaYa » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:52 pm

Taking into consideration that Catalyst makes it easier to develop ipad & mac apps simultaniously, i'd say that it should be toooo complicated anymore to port it and mod it so it makes a great ipad experience that can be updated and held compatible with the desktop version.

I'd love to see either a "companion" app or a full daw, and hope that it will be free for ableton users. It's just another platform added to windows and mac (where you dont pay seperate either) and i'd say that there would be enough people who would buy ableton just to use it on ipad.

pricing wise:
You could make something like in app purchases for light, standard and suite, but also have a companion-app-mode so to just control ableton or prepare some loops that you can send to ableton and that is usable for free (maybe no fx and barely sounds to choose)
and well, lite, standard and suite being like in the pc version.

But i'm kinda certain ableton will soon arrive on ipad, cause it's coming so close to a mac in terms of power and in terms of coding apps for it, whilst also becoming a serious creative tool to use.

I'm really curious to check out the internal mic and speakers of the pro. See if they're of any use.
My macbook pro speakers have really blown me away in terms of soundquality. Nothing compared to the real deal, but for a laptop wowzers.

Yeah, lets keep the hopes high and make some sweet ma-usic in the meantime.

<3

Cashyo

Post by Cashyo » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:48 am

I know its not the same but I have had a lot of fun making music on the 'Touchable Pro' app on Ipad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6EnpjfztNw

The kong

Post by The kong » Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:17 am

Cashyo wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:48 am
I know its not the same but I have had a lot of fun making music on the 'Touchable Pro' app on Ipad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6EnpjfztNw
But you still stay with your PC. how should I do when I just have an ipad?

Gdaddy

Post by Gdaddy » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:42 pm

This is my most desired feature, except I want it to work on Android phones as well. FL Studio has it- the FL Mobile app, and it's awesome! Very powerful standalone phone/tablet DAW costing about $16 USD that also opens as a plug-in on the desktop FL Studio. Features simplified versions of many of FL's sampler and synth devices, plus basic mixing and mastering tools. This app is what got me into music production and I produced about an album worth of material before buying Live a year later. I almost went for FL Studio instead of Live because it was compatible with FL Mobile and Ableton didn't have anything like it.
Ableton Mobile would be amazing- especially if its sets could open as a Live desktop set and patches in it's simplified instruments could open in their corresponding full version, like how Sampler patches can open in Simpler. I imagine a simplified 2 oscillator version of Operator that can open in Operator, a simplified version of Simpler, etc.

Ableton is the bomb, but I still use FL mobile all the time, cause it's literally with me all the time. I've produced many of my favorite songs on it on trains, planes, waiting rooms etc .

MatWard

Post by MatWard » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:23 pm

It would be great to have a mobile version of Ableton Live for Android as well as iOS if possible.
To make it cheap you could restrict features so it's just a sketch pad, or make it available only for owners of the desktop version.
I use Cubasis 3 on Android and in the past have made albums on the iPad.
Unfortunately the iOS apps that have live export, such as Gadget 2, do not have sample import and timestretching, as far as I know. Cubasis 3 does, but does not have Live export.