Turn off Devices that are not in use

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Udo Behm

Turn off Devices that are not in use

Post by Udo Behm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:01 am

Please add a function to turn off Devices completely that are not in use. I know that there is the freeze mode. However it is one step too much to always right click a track to freeze and unfreeze it if you need them in a live performance... Still to save CPU it was nice if the track's devices got freezed automatically when they are not in use and unfreezed when they are needed... this would save so much CPU!! Please add this function as standard for every Device in a track and every Device that is in an instrument chain that is not in use...

Udo Behm

Re: Turn off Devices that are not in use

Post by Udo Behm » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Thanks Valiumdupeuple. Still would like Ableton to add this functionality natively...

Udo Behm

Post by Udo Behm » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 am

Hi Valiumdupeuple,

I was checking your device now. Seems to be very good. However I'm missing a second device or a second function inside the device that checks for the track volume or the volume of the chain (in a Midi rack) and if the volume is set to 0 dB (inf.) there should be no more MIDI messages passed through to eCo. Means I want the desired device that eCo sets in "sleep mode" to stay in sleep mode once the chaing volume or the track volume is set to zero. Also there should be a midi panic message once this happens in order the device won't play any notes anymore once it gets re-activated by volume and midi message. Hope you kind of understand what I need. Could you implement these function(s) in your eCo devoce or build a second device that does that job?

Thanks, Udo

Valiumdupeuple

Post by Valiumdupeuple » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 pm

Hey Udo,

Sorry but I can't assure support other than bug fixes for my free devices. These are devices that I initially build for my own needs and that I put online if I feel like they could be useful for others. So, as long as I don't personnaly need a requested feature like yours (which is a good one btw) I won't patch it.