Low Screen Refresh-Rate on Hidpi mode

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
BrianKro951

Low Screen Refresh-Rate on Hidpi mode

Post by BrianKro951 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 am

Hey Everyone!

My following suggestion is more/less of a complaint than a wish, but anyone else here using HiDPI (4k monitors in Windows) that wish for a higher refresh-rate of the screen in this mode? I'll admit it's not super bothersome, but I started to really notice it when I would switch to my Macbook for on-the-go work and the scrolling/panning was smooth. I'd come back to my PC and see the refresh-rate and just immediately noticed it in't as smooth.

I've switched off HiDpi mode and the smoothness comes back, but obviously everything looks blurry now.

If anyone has any solutions to this, please direct me to it! As far as I'm concern, I feel like it's Live limiting the refresh rate for maximum performance. But I'm confident my GPU and CPU could handle it, so I would just like the ability to have a smooth experience as well.

anachrophobia

Re: Low Screen Refresh-Rate on Hidpi mode

Post by anachrophobia » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:05 pm

I can back you up on this. Also using a 4k monitor. It gets especially bad when you switch to fullscreen mode in Ableton (F11). I'd really like to use this mode as it is distraction-free, but I can't - even with smaller projects the visuals are stuttering too much to look at. +1 for the request.

DanChristian

Re: Low Screen Refresh-Rate on Hidpi mode

Post by DanChristian » Wed May 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Has anyone found a fix for this issue?