Change computer's energy profile and disable Windows processes when Live is running

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Udo Behm

Change computer's energy profile and disable Windows processes when Live is running

Post by Udo Behm » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:48 pm

On a Windows machine I'd like to configure Live this way that it changes the computer's energy profile automatically to its maximum performance in the Windows energy settings when Live gets started. Additionally I'd like to be able to make Live monitor my other processes on the Windows machine and make them kill them as sonn as it recognizes that a process with a special (CPU consuming) name is running. Therefore I'd like to choose from a list where all running processes can be seen which ones should be disabled or shut down while live is running.

I know that Live works much better on high performance mode on Windows. So why can't there be an option in the Live's preferences as well as a page to see and disable Windows processes to make Live run much better than without these optimizations?

When Live get's closed of course the computer's initial power profile should be restored and all closed or abandoned processes should work again.

Would very mich like you to implement these features in a coming Live version on Windows. This would help to improve the Live performance a lot and but also gives the opportunity to use Windows normally when Live is not running (not in high performance mode with some "killed processes").

Thank you!

jonljacobi

Re: Change computer's energy profile and disable Windows processes when Live is running

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:33 am

I’m betting this is not something recommended by the manufacturer. ;-) This is way beyond the purview of a music application.