Ability to export DJ Set track lists to text files

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
darrylgould

Ability to export DJ Set track lists to text files

Post by darrylgould » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi

I mainly use Ableton for recording DJ Sets and exporting them as WAV or MP3 files (www.idarryl.co.uk). I reguarly mix 20-30 tracks by using 2 or 3 channels. I would love it if Live would allow me to export the track list to a text file, i.e. at the press of a button send all of the track names (and ideally artist names from the source files) to a .txt file.

Hopefully, fairly easy to add to a future version?

I know that Mixcloud will have a stab at doing this for me, but it rarely matches exactly.

Thanks
Darryl

offlinemark

Re: Ability to export DJ Set track lists to text files

Post by offlinemark » Tue May 26, 2020 4:33 am

Hi Darryl, I've implemented this as a third party web app! It can export the time "Locators" from Ableton Live sets into a text tracklist (with timestamps). It's available at https://timestamps.me! Feel free to ask any questions.

edit 2022-11-03: Corrected URL
Last edited by offlinemark on Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanAndre

Post by RyanAndre » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Hello offlinemark

Is this tool still available someplace? Found this thread on a search for the same but
website seems to be down.

RA

mak30utcreek

Post by mak30utcreek » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 am

RyanAndre wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:36 pm
Hello offlinemark

Is this tool still available someplace? Found this thread on a search for the same but
website seems to be down.

RA
Quite a few months later but I needed the same thing and found the website moved to https://timestamps.me/