Show device slots

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
kingsolarious

Re: Show device slots

Post by kingsolarious » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:29 pm

A few people I know would love this feature coming from pro tools and logic backgrounds. Please implement this feature because it would greatly improve workflow and help ease the minds of many producers and engineers. I also feel like this would bridge the gap for users that are on the fence about Ableton. All we need is better support for this already existent feature to update in real-time with the addition of each plugin added to a track.

tomgulbinas

Post by tomgulbinas » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am

There are a couple of features (including this one) that I see requested constantly and they seem to stay on the first page of the wishlist forever. What Ableton was "meant for" is irrelevant and I hope the developers realize this eventually.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:31 pm

After adding comping, I can’t see why they wouldn’t add this feature, which basically already exists. Hide the clips as well.

.marc.

Post by .marc. » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:21 am

+1

vokinpirks

Post by vokinpirks » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:43 am

nikuser wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:51 pm
At the moment session view is practically useless, unless you do live perfomance.
Hell no. I can't disagree more. I make my trax mostly in the session view and when I think a track is close to completion or I need to render it I record the track into the arrangement view. Follow Actions for scenes in Live 11 made this approach more easier. On a side note, I'm a Push 2 user and I try to use mouse as little as possible.
An obsessive knob twiddler

Mudimbi

Post by Mudimbi » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:57 pm

+1

Bobbito147

Post by Bobbito147 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:28 am

Starting out in Ableton, it is hard to figure out what modules you are using - For example, if I am loading a sound from the 'Sounds' category, it loads the sound but I don't know what kind of module it is. In one case for example, the sound was a Wavetable.. ShowDeviceSlots is helpful for me to identify the type of module.

Also have a question: Is there a way to click on the module on the bottom to identify what kind it is without using ShowDeviceSlots?

andesiro

Post by andesiro » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:33 am

1+ :!:

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:29 am

+1 for the umpteenth time.

Vosakiz

Post by Vosakiz » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:52 pm

tomgulbinas wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am
There are a couple of features (including this one) that I see requested constantly and they seem to stay on the first page of the wishlist forever. What Ableton was "meant for" is irrelevant and I hope the developers realize this eventually.

I don't understand why the devs just say “Ableton wasn't meant for this” while at the same time so many (paying) people request it.
Was Ableton meant for making your songs with clips? Too bad because I see many people never using clips and just work in arrangement.

Maybe there are other reason's people like to use Ableton than the things it was "meant for"

Monojax

Post by Monojax » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:03 pm

This really should be implemented. It's a great feature that every DAW has apart from Live and just doesn't make sense for it not to be.

op_01

Post by op_01 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:56 pm

+100

op_01

Post by op_01 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:03 am

Vosakiz wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:52 pm
tomgulbinas wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:23 am

I don't understand why the devs just say “Ableton wasn't meant for this” while at the same time so many (paying) people request it.
Was Ableton meant for making your songs with clips? Too bad because I see many people never using clips and just work in arrangement.

Maybe there are other reason's people like to use Ableton than the things it was "meant for"
+1
Agree, Personally I never use Session view, I jump directly to Arrangement view and do all stuff there, also, would be nice if Live could "remember last view" or option to start the software in Arrangement view instead of Session view...

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:38 pm

It will start in arrangement mode if you save the default set that way (untitled.als).

warper

Post by warper » Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:06 pm

krisna wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:51 am
also it would be so nice to have the option to turn of all plugins on the tracks you have selected. So you can A/B between what you have mixed. But I guess Ableton is not for mixing and they don´t want to be. Simple essential features are missing. A lot of them.
Here is a small workflow how to do it. Maybe, you know this...
- put all plugins in each track into a rack
- connect ALL rack on/off-buttons to ONE midi control (maybe keyboard control also works... not sure)
- switch on/off ALL plugins on all tracks with one command
- use seperate commands for choosen tracks if you want to do this only for specified tracks or a specified group of tracks

btw...Ableton, I think, is very fine for mixing, and for most other jobs, too :D