Command Track

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
WilmarBoer

Command Track

Post by WilmarBoer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am

Besides being able to add add MIDI and Audio tracks I would like to add a command track. And that in upcoming versions Ableton expands the set of command events that you can add to this track. This is most usefull in arrangement view.

Handy command events I can think of:
  • Start a specific clip from arrangement view (there still there in clip view anyway). This can be handy for triggering musical clips. But also for triggering clips with voice recorded and output to specific a audio cue output to give bandmember cue's
  • Load a specific .ALS file (handy at the end of the track to build a setlist)
  • Putting specific tracks in live-monitoring mode (if you want band members to play through Ableton FX at some point)
  • Changing BPM/MEASURE during the song
  • Put specific tracks in record mode and looping while performing. (handy when performing in looper style but don't have time for the inbetween button presses while playing your instrument).
  • Commands for jumping to specific sections/markers
  • Record Push button commands so you can have Push behave like Actions in Photoshop in a timeline based manner
Actually anything to do Ableton timeline based household work.
----
Making music is my hobby
Corporate photography is my passion: https://www.beeldvoerders.nl/bedrijfsfotografie

S4racen

Re: Command Track

Post by S4racen » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:31 am

WilmarBoer wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:05 am
  • Putting specific tracks in live-monitoring mode (if you want band members to play through Ableton FX at some point)
  • Changing BPM/MEASURE during the song
  • Put specific tracks in record mode and looping while performing. (handy when performing in looper style but don't have time for the inbetween button presses while playing your instrument).

Actually anything to do Ableton timeline based household work.
The above are possible le with ClyphX Pro

Cheers
D

Riggar

Re: Command Track

Post by Riggar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:47 am

Yes please!

Lets have some means of creating a 'time line' that runs in sync with your music - within which you have 'commands' to do things - for example, start that clip, switch on a device, change device preset, mute a track, start a scene etc. In this way, you could fully orchestrate a complete performance without intervention if you so desired or down to just simple variations and everything in between. The whole premise for this is to be able to instruct Ableton during a performance to do things at various timing points; suggest at bar, beat, 1/16s divisions.

We can see the obvious use at arrangement level - but clip level would be interesting too.

ClyphX Pro - no version for 11 at the moment - will it come?