Ableton live support for ARA 2

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
DANIEL_SKY

Ableton live support for ARA 2

Post by DANIEL_SKY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:22 pm

Hey, I was wondering when will Ableton live will support ARA 2? Most of us producers that deal with vocals need to use VocALign and Melodyne to correct their vocals, Ableton not supporting ARA 2 slow down the work flow and forcing us producers to go use other DAWs like Cubase and Studio One in order to edit vocals, So please let who ever make does decisions that its something thats Ableton need to work on imedatly, Because not supporting ARA 2 will force producers to go use other DAWs instead, Which is a shame because I personality love ableton live, thanks.

merlingoth

Re: Ableton live support for ARA 2

Post by merlingoth » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Many of us have been requesting this support for about a decade. I agree that this is mission-critical for many of us, and somewhat puzzling that Ableton is not more proactive to work with Celemony (Melodyne) and others to ensure compatibility (Celemony has been saying that the solution lies entirely in Ableton's hands) as it works with nearly every other major DAW available.

Each time Live is updated, I go through the release notes looking for some mention of supporting Melodyne, and, while I'm sure that, for some, the ability to, for example, add emojis to their tracks was a useful and welcome feature, I can't help but wonder how these longstanding support requests are ignored version after version update after update.
Last edited by merlingoth on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joethibodeau

Post by joethibodeau » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:03 pm

THIS! ARA 2 support would be a really important feature

b_rice

Post by b_rice » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:24 am

+1

I would love ARA 2 support and easier take management for recording vocals. This is the only reason I keep going back to Logic. The workflow on vocals is a breeze, Ableton is definitely feeling dated in this respect.

Runenlyd

Post by Runenlyd » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am

merlingoth wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm
Many of us have been requesting this support for about a decade. I agree that this is mission-critical for many of us, and somewhat puzzling that Ableton is not more proactive to work with Celemony (Melodyne) and others to ensure compatibility (Celemony has been saying that the solution lies entirely in Ableton's hands) as it works with nearly every other major DAW available.

Each time Live is updated, I go through the release notes looking for some mention of supporting Melodyne, and, while I'm sure that, for some, the ability to, for example, add emojis to their tracks was a useful and welcome feature, I can't help but wonder how these longstanding support requests are ignored version after version update after update.
Totally agree Merlingoth....ARA2 and the absence of Vocal Comp is such a weakness in the workflow. I mean if there's something that all producer works with is vocal stuff, regardless of the style...and we have to edit with prehistoric tools...

jlgrimes

Post by jlgrimes » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Runenlyd wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am
merlingoth wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:14 pm

Totally agree Merlingoth....ARA2 and the absence of Vocal Comp is such a weakness in the workflow. I mean if there's something that all producer works with is vocal stuff, regardless of the style...and we have to edit with prehistoric tools...

I'm guessing they are working on both of these.

IMO these two features are Live's most glaring weaknesses compared to other DAWs.

merlingoth

Post by merlingoth » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:01 pm

jlgrimes wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:55 pm
I'm guessing they are working on both of these.
I’ve personally been requesting this feature for 5 years, and, like I mentioned, others have been requesting this support for much longer than that. Ableton has never addressed working on this as part of their pipeline, so, no: I think they are not working this.

jynx3d

Post by jynx3d » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Bump :wink: :D

Gopal Metro

Post by Gopal Metro » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:56 am

Another bump here.

Live is my favorite DAW, hands down. I've been using it for nearly a decade and I love it, but I finally had to migrate to Logic for this exact reason.

When I was just recording a few albums a year, it didn't matter. But, now that I've opened my studio to the public and am mixing four or more albums a month I just cannot justify spending the time on transfers.

I will likely still create and compose in Live, but all of my client work has moved to Logic until ARA has been implemented and is stable.

marko

Post by marko » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:29 pm

Bump here as well.

Trying to figure out the best way to get Ableton mixes into Reaper so that I can use ARA and vocal comping has always been a pretty tedious PIA. Tried different routes like running both in non-rewire mode and using virtual midi drivers and sound cards to sync them so you can use the full capabilities of each, but what a mess.

Vox comping please!
ARA please!
Also MPE...

AboveSky

Post by AboveSky » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:34 pm

Runenlyd wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:18 am
[Absence of] ARA2 and [...] of Vocal Comp is such a weakness in the workflow.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

nuppi

Post by nuppi » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:43 pm

I was first confused, because i never worked without the ARA support. I hope they introduce it soon. Still running the trial, and this might even be a gamechanger for me if i buy it or not. Love many of the features, but this makes it a pain in the ass to work with.

PihkaLT

Post by PihkaLT » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Gotta give this thread a +1!

I'm a total Ableton fan but unfortunately Live is starting to feel a bit dated at the time of writing this reply.

YuvalShSl

Post by YuvalShSl » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:07 am

Like so many others, I'm realizing that Live, as much as I love it in most respects, is not usable for vocal editing with Melodyne and vocalign, nor is it good for efficient vocal or instrument recording due to the lack of comping. I enjoy so many things about working with Ableton, but if ARA2 and Comping are not added in the next version I don't think I can continue to justify the hassle.

Zand0524

Post by Zand0524 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Definitely agree here. Need ARA2 and Vocal comping. Kind of silly having to learn two DAWs just to complete a project, which seems to be common these days (Producing in Ableton, Vocal comping/mixing in Logic Pro).