multiple templates

Share your wishes for the future of Ableton Live
wolfglass

multiple templates

Post by wolfglass » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:18 pm

A good feature would be if you can open different templates to start your new project Whit. It can safe a lot of time, especially if you work Whit external gear.

YuvalShSl

Re: multiple templates

Post by YuvalShSl » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:15 am

This feature would save a lot of worries and hassle. if I start working from a "Template" that I've saved as a Live Project and I hit save instinctively to save it as a new File, it instead saves everything I've done to the "template", which I would really want to stay empty for the next Project.

fgrund@gmx.net

Post by fgrund@gmx.net » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Creating multiple Template Sets
In addition to this “master” default template, you can create additional template Sets for different types of projects, each with their own unique configuration of tracks, devices, etc. To do this, create a folder called “Templates” within your User Library. Any Sets saved to this folder will then function as templates: they will load with the configuration you saved, but with the name Untitled.als, ready to be used as a new Set. https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... plate-Sets

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:21 pm

fgrund@gmx.net wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:45 pm
Creating multiple Template Sets
In addition to this “master” default template, you can create additional template Sets for different types of projects, each with their own unique configuration of tracks, devices, etc. To do this, create a folder called “Templates” within your User Library. Any Sets saved to this folder will then function as templates: they will load with the configuration you saved, but with the name Untitled.als, ready to be used as a new Set. https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... plate-Sets
Yep, this is what I do too. I have templates for electronic projects, acoustic projects, electric piano, rough mastering, etc.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute