Bulk actions on clips

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Loopscious

Bulk actions on clips

Post by Loopscious » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:00 pm

It would be really useful to be able to copy / paste and apply bulk actions (automations, transformations, etc) to multiple clips at once.

Use case:
I am using a drum rack full of kicks with a pitch device in front of it. As I change the pitch, a different sample gets triggered.

I have a series of clips that all have unique follow actions.

If I want to "hard code" the selected kick, I have to write automation into the clip for the pitch device, say +3 from the default c1 note.

Now, there's no easy way to duplicate this automation across multiple clips without going into each clip.

I could copy and paste the automation into each clip, one at a time. I could draw in the automation one at a time.

I can't duplicate the clip b/c each clip is unique - may have it's own midi / pattern, also has it's own follow action.

This example could be like a selective copy-paste or a variation of "copy to siblings" (where the siblings would be multi-selected clips). Instead of copying the entire clip, copy some aspect of it, then be able to apply it to others.

This is just one use case, I can think of several more, and I bet the community can think of hundreds if not thousands of use cases!

Thanks for listening!
Live 10 suite (just transitioning over from 9), mix of hardware and software