Ableton Doesn't have dynamic processing.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Bulemy

Ableton Doesn't have dynamic processing.

Post by Bulemy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:44 pm

at the moment it is known for sure that the envelope follower - the most important aspect of dynamic processing, deessing, dynamic Eq'ing, reverb, saturation and a lot other, is still broken. (Ableton11) Ableton does not have an alternative to the peak controller that flStudio has. There you can make the most powerful patchers, tied to dynamics processing, built on loudness. I find this to be Ableton's BIGGEST problem at the moment. There are no alternative plugins that allow you to control the parameters of other plugins based on volume. This should be done by Daw YOURSELF. Reaper, FL studio, did this a long time ago. (I don't know, maybe others major daw have it too).

I'm not even talking about other M4l devices. Shaper, Lfo, Expression control are broken. And if the last can be accepted as it works in real time, the reason why Lookahead cannot be added for Envelope Follower and Lfo is not clear to me.

If you have a large buffer size , the delay can reach up to !!! SECOND !!!
If you place the device BEFORE or AFTER another plug-in with a delay, it will absolutely not compensate and fail.

I understand that these plugins are primarily geared towards live performance, but why is there no alternative?) Why is there no "LookAhead" button in the end?

Moreover, fixing them is not a significant problem, I am almost sure that someone who understands MaxForLive could have done it long ago.

I'm desperate)

Who is the beta testing participant of version 11, a big request for you is to leave complaints for developers with a description of this problem.
Thanks!