Arpeggiator to engage immediately in sync mode

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
ANDERJAM21

Arpeggiator to engage immediately in sync mode

Post by ANDERJAM21 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Arpeggiator would be vastly better if there was an option for Sync mode to engage immediately upon receiving the note-on message. As it is, it's difficult to integrate this tool with live playing because of that dead space after pressing a key, before the sync mode engages (even while the set is stopped!). I can hack together a max device, but it will be much better if this change were to be implemented in Arpeggiator in an upcoming release.
Thanks,
James

jmljunior

Re: Arpeggiator to engage immediately in sync mode

Post by jmljunior » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:41 pm

It's disappointing that this still isn't a feature. No, I'm not going to waste my time calculating ms values that have to change whenever I change the tempo. Even after 15 years they have still not added a simple toggle for this. viewtopic.php?t=102732

All these years later, I still don't understand why Ableton devs hate midi so much. I've been using ableton on and off since like 2007ish, but I think I'm ready to move on. It so deflating to discover that so many basic midi editing capabilities are STILL not in this program. Midi isn't going away guys, as much as we'd like it to.
Last edited by jmljunior on Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmljunior

Re: Arpeggiator to engage immediately in sync mode

Post by jmljunior » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:55 pm

Bottom line is, still, all these years later, ableton devs seem stubbornly against adding robust midi functionality that basically any old DAW has, and it's super confusing to me as to why. I'm still on 10, been getting back into using the program again, and I've been looking for reasons to not buy 11. The more I find features that STILL are not in the program from over a decade ago, I'm like, it is time to see what else is out there.