Native ClyphX implementation

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
riccardo.wanderlingh

Native ClyphX implementation

Post by riccardo.wanderlingh » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Wouldn't it be nice and delicious to implement ClyphX Pro inside Ableton? This in my opinion would be the biggest game changer in the history of DAWs.

hdrpbx

Re: Native ClyphX implementation

Post by hdrpbx » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:25 am

You mean like exposing the API?...oh wait

riccardo.wanderlingh

Post by riccardo.wanderlingh » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Stray :idea: did a great work with the published everchanging API :roll: . So it's possible (and he is just a single glorious man).
Probably now they are more stable and any API based script will benefit. :P
..... Wanna be positive.... :-D

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:16 pm

+1
riccardo.wanderlingh wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:33 pm
he is just a single glorious man

Because that. If Stray for any reason just decided to stop developing/maintaining ClyphX Pro, it would be devastating. I know that's the risk you run when you integrate a 3rd party app heavily in your setup, so I have no one but myself to blame, but it really would be amazing to just fold the language directly into Live itself.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

rimasinc

Post by rimasinc » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Making Clyphx native would be a masterstroke. Fl Studio 20 was released a few months ago and announced its own native script. Of course, it is another platform entirely different, but, thinking about the marketing side, it would be good not to miss anything in comparison to other "competitors" 8)

simplemusic

Post by simplemusic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:41 pm

Yes, yes, yes many times over!! Clyphx has been the most inspirational (for me as a live performer) additional to my musical toolkit EVER. It is now tightly wound into my live template and has revolutionised how I play live. I could do some of the things before, but they required convoluted set-ups and messing implementations.

It would give me massive peace of mind to have Clyphx integral to Ableton Live. I see Clyphx as the essential toolkit to live performance using Live. It eclipses M4L in its usefulness. And Stray's design and implementation is mindblowingly good....stable and so well thought out. I think if I had to name the number one music inovation that has impacted my performance in the last 10 years it would be Clyphx sitting on top of Ableton Live.

theAnt2002

Post by theAnt2002 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 pm

Clyphx Pro adds so much to Ableton, native integration and support would be awesome. I don't know how id run my live sets without it..

Martin Allott

Post by Martin Allott » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:18 am

This would be great, I've been looking at using clyphX for some of the more unusual looping setups I'd like to be able to do BUT it is a bit worrying to think as it's just one guy who made it that it may phase out (Meaning I would lose heaps of music). If it was integrated with Live it would be immense.

I've seen some amazing things done with clyphX and Ableton combined.

jivemachine

Post by jivemachine » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:18 pm

This would be HUGE! I’ve only just recently got into ClyphX Pro and I am absolutely blown away by the power this provides the user. I have a lot to learn but it’s already allowed me to make music in an exciting new way. I feel like ClyphX Pro is a must have and I hope more people realize just how much of a game changer it is!

riccardo.wanderlingh

Post by riccardo.wanderlingh » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Honestly, I can't really discern :roll: if my love for ClyphX (which gave me another degree of freedom) clouds my thinking, or Ableton should "really" acquire the functionality of ClyphX and make it their own because this is the true spirit of Live, that is, to allow us to really play the computer. :idea:

Speaking of money, maybe not because this would certainly cost money and probably the revenues would not support it. :!:
Who cares about that super high customization level, who cares about creating his own setup instead of using, without any effort for building it, the standard features?
It's a nerd thing and only this last months I've seen some "normal" user approaching to it.

However, at this moment Ableton/ClyphX :wink: is a unique system in the world, no other company produces something similar.

But .....if my mind is clouded... then I'm rather making random reasoning here!!..... :?

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:13 pm

I rely heavily on both Arsenal and ClyphX Pro, so I’m a little anxious about Stray’s silence over at the NativeKontrol forum too. However, word of mouth has it that he’s actually employed by Ableton at this point, so maybe he’s not allowed to comment right now? The NK product site seems to be down too at the moment of writing.

Ceeram

Post by Ceeram » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:54 am

Well, ClyphX didnt make it as builtin within Live 11 and also the latest ClyphX version does not work with Live 11. Thos3e of you being worried for the future, i was able to convert the ClyphX code to run it in 11 without any issues so far, so there is hope :)

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Definitely! Thanks Ceeram!

Cheers
D

simplemusic

Post by simplemusic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks @Ceeram, comforting to know it can be done. Who knows we may be passing around the hat to sponsor you to do a proper port to Python 3/Ableton 11....or whatever is required.

lu57

Post by lu57 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:35 pm

Ceeram wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:54 am
Well, ClyphX didnt make it as builtin within Live 11 and also the latest ClyphX version does not work with Live 11. Thos3e of you being worried for the future, i was able to convert the ClyphX code to run it in 11 without any issues so far, so there is hope :)
Hi I'm currently porting the old free Clyphx (non-pro) to Live 11. Needs more testing but seems ok for me :)
https://github.com/ldrolez/clyphx-live10

That's not the Pro version, because we cannot legally modify and redistribute the Pro version. However, this old free open-source version can be modified. :)