PDC in Live 11 is still not working properly

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
nectarios

PDC in Live 11 is still not working properly

Post by nectarios » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Must be some setting I need to enable cause when I add UAD plug ins, things go off...Beats warping envelope for example is off, autofilter when hitting Quantize is off.

tcpMoniker

Re: PDC in Live 11 is still not working properly

Post by tcpMoniker » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:29 am

Good luck on getting anything done on that. It's been a long battle with Ableton giving you links about MIDI latency, people not understanding the issues, people saying there's no problem, people saying there's no fix (go check Bitwig, see your fixes there). Live has a few issues regarding timing, not just this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=185047
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=238178

Not fixed in Live 11 either. PDC is just another long battle, that one gets the "every DAW compromises and you just can't fix it".

doubleUG

Post by doubleUG » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm

Options>Delay Compensation
copy the text, open Live > drag in empty M4L device > open Max editor > paste > save M4L device
https://docs.cycling74.com/max8/vignett ... ng_patches

https://doubleUG.bandcamp.com/releases

nectarios

Post by nectarios » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:13 pm

Yeah, I've just been printing the audio and applying time critical plug ins that would go off, after I line up the audio.
Its "impressive" that in 2021 this needs to be done, but alas, it is a workaround, although it involves some limitations in your signal chain and it is time consuming.

Personally I think its crazy that they don't think PDC, is something that is important to sort out.

Scoox

Post by Scoox » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:35 pm

This really bites. I just bought Live 11 Suite (coming from FL Studio) and I also use Studio One for more linear kind of music. Obviously PDC is probably pretty hard to implement but in 2021 I assumed this was standard. I'm surprised people don't notice this. Isn't Live the most popular DAW in the world? I've had it just a couple of weeks and this is already being a problem.

nectarios

Post by nectarios » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 pm

To make things more clear, PDC works, I just didn't know the word to use for the actual latency that accumulates after inserting plug ins, in the channel strip, but after reading forums, there are plug ins that are tied to what people call "transport sync" and sync up to that, so adding plug ins that add latency, shifts those plug ins, off the grid and they require a phase knob to manually adjust whatever modulation they apply, by using your ears.

I am also using Reaper, a 60€ DAW and it does not suffer from this problem.

Funklestiltskin

Post by Funklestiltskin » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:41 am

I don't see why they wouldn't work on at least a settings option to enable this if the main issue is that it functions differently in live situations. This is really frustrating and renders lots of these sorts of plugins timing-based plugins (shaperbox, lfo tool, oscilloscope, etc.) obsolete. Every time I run into this problem it's infuriating - especially after dropping cash on all of these, only to find out they're practically useless - even in Live 11.

If I were Ableton, I'd make sure this is the TOP priority or they're gonna start losing customers.
I'm definitely taking a closer look at Bitwig, that's for sure...