One-Click Velocity Note Editing!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
headfullofradios

One-Click Velocity Note Editing!

Post by headfullofradios » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:15 pm

Hi there,

I'm requesting a small but very significant feature that was previously functioning in Live 10 but seems to have disappeared. Please forgive me if this is somehow in a different spot now in Live 11, but I don't believe it is having read through the Live Keyboard Shortcuts section of the Manual.

When clicking in Notes with the pencil tool, I used to be able to hold the note and move up and down to adjust the velocity, all within a single click. This made inputting drum patterns or melodies very efficient. Now without that feature I feel rather lame and unable to work through my ideas without the added distraction of holding Cmd and dragging again. Please bring back the one-click velocity editing!!

Thanks
ayden

jonljacobi

Re: One-Click Velocity Note Editing!

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Agreed.

Not something I use much but use all the time with double-click which still works that way. Now you have hold option when painting. I guess they figured people would more often want to move the note when painting. I generally know what note I'm entering so that ain't me. Don't know why they would make the change as it now seems inconsistent.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:34 pm

Also, you know you can just type in the velocity for selected notes? I know it's not the same, but it might actually be faster once you're used to it. I just tried it and it's pretty quick. ;-)

MrCordell

Post by MrCordell » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:13 pm

ABSOLUTELY. Drawing in notes was much faster before when you could adjust velocity by dragging. This should be an option at least...