Add automation of groove parameters

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
sambaji

Add automation of groove parameters

Post by sambaji » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:44 pm

Please consider adding the ability to automate groove parameters (i.e.., quantize, timing random, velocity) in the groove pool. Thanks.

sambaji

Re: Add automation of groove parameters

Post by sambaji » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:38 am

For a scientific discussion on the morphing of groove, which the above suggestion would allow, check out the work of Malcolm Braff: http://general-theory-of-rhythm.org/basic-principles/

skttrbrn

Post by skttrbrn » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:39 am

Came here to suggest this myself - being able to add subtle modulation to the groove parameters would be great - just make them MIDI mappable and we can then use the LFO device with a gently undulating sine - would sound fantastic applied to different grooves/different amounts on various clips being played at the same time.

oscarstott

Post by oscarstott » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:11 pm

You can already automate the global groove amount, the groove settings aren't supposed to be altered. If you want to add humanisation, you can add a MIDI device called bouncy notes.

compy

Post by compy » Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:42 am

My request would be to enable a "MASTER GROOVE". One groove affecting all midi.
Of course one can choose a groove, select all the clips and put it on everything. A master groove though would be pretty straightforward and convenient.

Every clip on the groove selection should have
    • none
      (all the grooves in the pane)
      master (that should be default, possible to select the behavior on preferences)