Option: Automatically Collapse 3rd Party Plugins in Device View

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Slow Hand

Option: Automatically Collapse 3rd Party Plugins in Device View

Post by Slow Hand » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:23 pm

I would dearly love if the Preferences had an option to Automatically Collapse 3rd Party Plugins when they are first loaded into the Device View on a channel.

The default for 3rd party plugins is to view the assignable x/y field for plugin parameters. I never use this feature and now habitually double-click or press (-) to collapse the view every single time that I load a plugin, for a more economical layout. I would greatly appreciate the ability to have them take up as little space as possible by default and cut down on the repetition.

I work on a laptop where screen real-estate is valuable. A fully-expanded VST in device view is often inconvenient to open/close with the wrench icon when I have a VST with a massive display already taking up most of the screen. It helps a lot if my plugins are minimized and easily reachable in the lower-left quadrant of my screen. That way I don't have to drag one or more plugin windows out of the way to reach the buttons I want to press in Device View.

pain staging

Re: Option: Automatically Collapse 3rd Party Plugins in Device View

Post by pain staging » Fri May 21, 2021 11:06 am

+1