2021 wishlist

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
MallorcaMalle

2021 wishlist

Post by MallorcaMalle » Sat May 15, 2021 8:51 am

So here's my 2021 wishlist of features, which I'd love to see inside this great DAW without the need for 3rd party plugins:

- Native auto vocal pitch correction (like Cu. "Pitch Correct")
- Manual vocal pitch correction (like Cu. "VariAudio3")
- Chords device with chord progressions (like Cu. "Chord Pads"), structured similar to drum rack and streamlined for push
- Dynamic EQ (like Cu. "Frequency 2"), maybe as upgraded EQ8
- Loudness and other metering (like Cu. "Loudness Meter" / "Super Vision")
- Maximizer device (like Cu. "Maximizer")
- More useful sound/synth presets with makro controls. With version 11 there came already many good/great new or updated sound presets - i.m.o. better than many of the previous ones. They would profit from Live's fast sample-based pre-listen function for instruments/synths in the browser (also when browsing with push) similar to NI KK.

slow.robot

Re: 2021 wishlist

Post by slow.robot » Sun May 16, 2021 1:58 am

I really want native (manual) pitch correction also. it’s the only major thing missing for me in Live.

I’m still new to Live, so my list is short. the only other thing I can think of right now is the ability to select and manipulate non-concurrent clips in Arrange view while holding down Ctrl (super weird that’s not already a thing).

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Sun May 16, 2021 9:14 am

MallorcaMalle wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:51 am
So here's my 2021 wishlist of features, which I'd love to see inside this great DAW without the need for 3rd party plugins:

- Native auto vocal pitch correction (like Cu. "Pitch Correct")
- Manual vocal pitch correction (like Cu. "VariAudio3")
- Chords device with chord progressions (like Cu. "Chord Pads"), structured similar to drum rack and streamlined for push
- Dynamic EQ (like Cu. "Frequency 2"), maybe as upgraded EQ8
- Loudness and other metering (like Cu. "Loudness Meter" / "Super Vision")
- Maximizer device (like Cu. "Maximizer")
- More useful sound/synth presets with makro controls. With version 11 there came already many good/great new or updated sound presets - i.m.o. better than many of the previous ones. They would profit from Live's fast sample-based pre-listen function for instruments/synths in the browser (also when browsing with push) similar to NI KK.
Pitch correction and dynamic EQ would be nice to have, but it seems you want Ableton to be Cubase-like, maybe your using the wrong DAW.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

skttrbrn

Post by skttrbrn » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:18 am

A fully-featured oscilloscope would be handy, and maybe some more features in Spectrum. The free Melda ones are OK, but I always prefer using native Live tools!

grein

Post by grein » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:53 am

I’d really love to see AUv3 support on MacOS.