Why screw interface ?

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
aklisiewicz

Why screw interface ?

Post by aklisiewicz » Wed May 19, 2021 4:43 am

Whoever designed screen interface really has no common sense. The DAW space is very limited and you (developers) had added another TAB to shorten the editor panel ? In Live-10 I could have only one Tab opened and have all other Tabs closed (hidden). In Live-11 the 2nd Tab does not close (or hide) so it eats up my space (with its own extra Tabs) ? What is the reason not to place HIDE BUTTON (like it used to be) ???

https://ibb.co/yVPtcyf

1) I want to be able to hid each TAB (Panel to the left of the editor) if I need ? What we have at the moment is super inefficient and cumbersome (not to mention creepy icons, and Tabs which are barely visible - to determine which is on the top). Very poor design :-(

2) Message line (bottom). BLACK TEXT on ORANGE background is not clearly visible. Why not to make colors which bring contrast for readability ?
Text is minuscule - I cannot read most of the messages without sticking my nose to the screen :-(
(perhaps this could be changed in an editor but why I have to bother with such things ? The same problem applies to the midi editor panel (where I have a gray background). I want to keep all other IDE colors but change a background only in the editor so I can see notes more clearly (so far I can't figure our if this is possible).

PLEASE FIX THIS
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu

S4racen

Re: Why screw interface ?

Post by S4racen » Wed May 19, 2021 10:20 am

Your posts are so amusing....

Cheers
D

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed May 19, 2021 4:21 pm

Glad Im not the only one thinking that lol.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed May 19, 2021 11:00 pm

I believe there's a suggestion with a lot of upvotes for the piano roll getting rid of wasted space. Add yours to it.

aklisiewicz

Post by aklisiewicz » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:29 am

The space for the note editor was already very limited and the way it is designed not is plain stupid.
It would be helpful to simply place vertical TABs to allow selecting proper mode OR at least place a EXPAND/COLAPSE button to allow the editor take entire screen width. In the last 5 years or so Live interface was really not changed or improved much. Some features are added on functionality but not on usability and by looking at other DAW's (ie. Studio One) Live interface is missing a lot... :-(

HERE IS WHAT IS NEEDED !

https://ibb.co/Cn0frGk

PS>
I also keep asking for more colors for 3 years, no change :-(
"You are what you think you are"
Sadarahu