Plug-In Manager

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Slow Hand

Plug-In Manager

Post by Slow Hand » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:18 am

I would love to have a menu in Preferences where I can configure the plugins that will appear in my Plug Ins folder. I have quite a few plugins installed on my computer but only use 1/4 of them regularly. I would love to be able to exclude everything I'm not using and reduce the amount of clutter that appears every time I have to find a plugin.

I want a tool set that can be clean, minimal, and uncluttered.

In my head I'm imagining something similar to what Logic has.

MallorcaMalle

Re: Plug-In Manager

Post by MallorcaMalle » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:07 pm

You can use ...
- ... collections for this purpose, there are seven, you can assign any plugin to a collection and also name them.
- ... another DAW.

Slow Hand

Post by Slow Hand » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:47 pm

I already use collections for what I call 'Fast Plugins; the plugins I'm reaching for most often. It helps a lot.

What I'm looking for is the ability to remove unwanted plugins from the larger VST or AU lists entirely so that I can remove clutter and navigate quicker. As an example of why I'd want this, both IK Multimedia and Universal Audio force you to install their entire suite of plugins. Now I have a folder with the one plugin I want to use and an extra 50+ unauthorized plugins that actively slow me down and clutter my tool chest. I want to hide these.

As to your second suggestion: don't be dense. This is the Feature Request forum.

MallorcaMalle

Post by MallorcaMalle » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:15 pm

You're right I should have written currently. It's a very legitimate feature request...
The second was a little sarcastic- but not in your direction - just because I wondered that even in version 11 there still was no plugin manager introduced. Not even the possibility to select several plugin folders (many still are vst2), so you still have to use the work-arounds.

Slow Hand

Post by Slow Hand » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:02 am

It's all good.

Let's hope we get that plugin manager someday.

lhbrennan

Post by lhbrennan » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:40 pm

I'd love to see this as well. Soooo many demo versions plugins, and VST2 versions when I always want use the VST3 version (although I need to keep the VST2 version around for legacy tracks).