Integrated note-based editing would complete the package

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
josefreak

Integrated note-based editing would complete the package

Post by josefreak » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:07 am

I love the way the devs implemented the long-awaited comping feature. I'm really hoping that the next major release has some type of integrated note-based editing, similar to Melodyne. I know I can use plugins like that, but I just feel that Live is kind of the perfect DAW to have a feature like that baked right in. This would basically complete the package for me as far as high-level major features go.

jonljacobi

Re: Integrated note-based editing would complete the package

Post by jonljacobi » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 am

You mean pitch editing...

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 am

I feel exactly the same. the only big item I want is quality, integrated pitch editing.

josefreak

Post by josefreak » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:44 pm

jonljacobi wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:32 am
You mean pitch editing...
No, plugins like Melodyne is much more than pitch editing. Note-based editing is the correct term

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:32 am

It already moves, stretches, or compresses them in time. I had no idea what you meant by note-based editing. Don’t see it on Celemony’s site. Never heard the term before.

josefreak

Post by josefreak » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:32 pm

jonljacobi wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:32 am
It already moves, stretches, or compresses them in time. I had no idea what you meant by note-based editing. Don’t see it on Celemony’s site. Never heard the term before.
Are you for real? It says it in huge text, right on their page called "What is Melodyne?" :lol:

https://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/what-is-melodyne

Also, you don't seem to know the difference between an audio clip and a note. Quit trying to squash my feature request, because you obviously don't know what I'm asking for

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:52 am

I never tried to squash your feature request, I simply questioned your title's phrasing and lack of context in the hope that you would realize that no one knew WTF you were referring to and you would try again. And try a few more posts before you start insulting people. I've owned Melodyne for years.

Try "Melodyne-style editing would complete the package". Then more people might read your thread.

slow.robot

Post by slow.robot » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:34 am

most pitch editing is note-based. Melodyne may refer to it as note-based, but that's the only place I've ever heard it referred to that way (probably because it's sort of redundant).

but, it's not worth arguing about one way or the other. it would be a welcome feature, no matter how it's described.