Clip Gain Design and Track Volume Design [DISCUSSION]

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.

Clip Gain Design and Track Volume Design [DISCUSSION]

Post by 34 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:38 pm

The current design, which looks like a classic channel volume fader, causes problems.
Clicking anywhere above or below the fader causes sudden changes in volume.
The design in the previous version was much better.(I'm talking about the design where a value is entered in the box that says gain).

Der_Landvogt

Re: Clip Gain Design and Track Volume Design [DISCUSSION]

Post by Der_Landvogt » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:00 am

You can still just click on the displayed number and type in the value you would like. No need to use the slider if you don't like it

jonljacobi

Re: Clip Gain Design and Track Volume Design [DISCUSSION]

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:58 pm

In general, I've grown accustomed to entering values via computer keyboard rather than finesse the rather small controls. That said, I'd love a more configurable track header. For instance, I generally set and input or output once, then never again. Subsequently, those are just in the way. But I can't always keep I/O hidden because I change the input status a lot. It's off for recording (I use direct monitoring from the interface) so I don't get latency, but on when I want to use the tuner. I'd love to see the input control moved to the mixer which I leave open more often.

I've also seen a lot of talk about putting buttons or an icon on the track header to show take lanes. I'd much, much rather that the track mute, solo, and record buttons be placed there if anything. I like the clean look, but while I use S for solo, C for record, and 0 to mute/unmute, when the mixer is hidden, there's no clue to the status of the track.