Insert Marker Mirrored from Arrangement View to Selected Clips

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
LKHD

Insert Marker Mirrored from Arrangement View to Selected Clips

Post by LKHD » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:07 pm

One of the nice features in Ableton is that when you press play in arrangement view, the movement of the playback marker is mirrored in the clip view of any clip you have selected. I would expect this same mirroring to occur when placing the insert marker over a clip in arrangement view, but this is not so. I would find this feature really helpful as when I am writing MIDI notes by hand, I often desire to line things up based on what is happening in arrangement view.

What I must do now is place the insert marker where I want it in the arrangement, and then if I wish to add notes in a MIDI clip, I have to guess where that is, or otherwise start playback in order for the playback marker to show me where I am in both places. This method of course is rather imprecise as now that I have begun playback, I have to find my position again unless I've set a locator which I do not want to do every single time I just want to throw some notes in. And besides, the locators do not translate to the clips either, so I still have to observe where the playback marker starts in order to place my notes correctly in the clip. My workflow would be improved if I could just see where I am in the clip and the arrangement without engaging playback.

jonljacobi

Re: Insert Marker Mirrored from Arrangement View to Selected Clips

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:15 am

+1