Realistic new features on some Ableton effects

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
compy

Realistic new features on some Ableton effects

Post by compy » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:46 pm

I am proposing some realistic (I hope) features on current Ableton effects, that may enhance their workflow.
I'm aiming to think of something likely, little adds or packing differently things that already are in Ableton. Hope that at Abletons may read and feature some on their "good idea" notepad.
Let me know what you think!

Saturator
By keeping ALT while dialing the drive knob, the output knob moves reversely of the same amount.
If I dial +6 on the drive, the output moves until -6. This every time I move drive while pressing ALT (or whatever key).
Saturator often implies +drive and -output at the same time.
It would speed up the workflow a lot.

Saturator
It would be useful giving a visual feedback of the amount of (soft) clipping occurring in the right (a reversed bar, like in the gain reduction in the compressor, would be enough)

Saturator (and Auto Filter?).
The 4bit algorithm - that can be found only in Sampler shaper and Operator - is awesome. Why not to include it inside Saturator or Auto filter (in clean mode)?

Auto Filter: a dry wet knob or slider (like on redux)

Auto Filter: a visual feedback of what envelope and LFO make would be welcome, exactly the way it occurs on Wavetable filter(s)

Autofilter
Adding a peak filter (the contrary of notch that rises the frequency) and a "DJing" one knob LP + HP filter (in the middle no effect, all left does LP until say 100 Hz all right does HP until say 15 KHz - there's no way I found in order to do such one knob)

Erosion and Redux
Would benefit both of an envelope and an LFO, absolutely equal to the Auto Filter ones.

A switch "Delay > Echo"
(like the "Simpler > Sampler" one)
Delay has quite almost all parameters in common with Echo.