Feature request: Copy/Paste key commands in Save/Export dialogues

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tristanperich

Feature request: Copy/Paste key commands in Save/Export dialogues

Post by tristanperich » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:12 pm

On MacOS, Copy/Paste key commands don't work in the Save dialogue for projects or for exporting rendered audio.

I can get around it by opening the context menu on the file name text box (i.e. control-clicking it), but these dialogues should typically support normal copy/paste key commands (i.e. command-C/command-V). (Also these days it's inconsistent if the file name text box is focused or not when the dialogue displays.)

(Another workaround is installing a macro program like Keyboard Maestro and creating a shortcut to manually type in the clipboard contents.)

A related issue: Ableton Live does not export its text clipboard buffer to the system clipboard until I switch to another application. That means that if I want to copy a clip's name to use as the file name of an exported audio render, I need to first switch to another application and back again to Live in order to paste it into the Save dialogue's file name text box. (If I don't switch applications, it pastes whatever was previously on the clipboard.)

(Since I am regularly exporting dozens of audio clips that need to be individually named with the name of the clip I am exporting, it would be nice to resolve these issues!)

pottering

Re: Feature request: Copy/Paste key commands in Save/Export dialogues

Post by pottering » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:34 am

Those all work fine in Windows 10.

Maybe a security setting on MacOS? Assuming MacOS is not inherently the problem.
♥♥♥

ktanya

Re: Feature request: Copy/Paste key commands in Save/Export dialogues

Post by ktanya » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:19 am

Hi this has never worked for me and is not working on new Win 11 PC. The trick to go to another app to force a windows clipboard update is magic - has saved me masses of time retyping. Many thanks but Ableton please fix.