Feature Request: ability to move cursor to right-edge of selection in Arrangement view

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
tristanperich

Feature Request: ability to move cursor to right-edge of selection in Arrangement view

Post by tristanperich » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm

In Arrangement view in older versions of Live, if I had a selection and I pressed the "right" arrow key, it would move the cursor to the end of my selection. These days, it now nudges the selection one space to the right. But, I am regularly in the situation where I instead want my cursor to move to the end of the selection (i.e. if I want to paste something at the end of the selection).

I'd like the option to have the selection arrow-key behavior closer to normal text editors (where if I have a word selected, pressing the right arrow key moves the cursor to the end of the word).

(I am aware that I can press the "Escape" key to exit out of the selection, but this positions the cursor at the beginning of the selection, and there is no way to position it to the end of the selection.)

It would be nice if a modifier key (i.e. control key) could allow me to move the cursor, instead of nudging the selected clips.

tristanperich

Re: Feature Request: ability to move cursor to right-edge of selection in Arrangement view

Post by tristanperich » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:39 pm

Another example usage: I split an audio file into multiple clips and I want to export each excerpt. In the past it would have been:
- select first clip, export
- "right" arrow key to move cursor to end of selected clip, then shift-option-"right" to select the next clip, repeat...