MIDI CC automation views

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
folkroom

MIDI CC automation views

Post by folkroom » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Hi everyone, I can't seems to find a solution to this problem with MIDI cc automation.

I have several projects with over 20 midi channels and a lot of midi CC automation on the different midi clips to control many external instruments.
I would have liked to write the automation directly on the arranger view but that doesn't seem possibile.
Now, I would need to find a way to see, at the same time, all (or at least several) CC automation on a certain instrument.
This doesn't seem possibile in the clip editor, so i searched online and I found this device called "Control change 8" where you can map a knob of device to a certain midi CC https://roberthenke.com/technology/m4l.html
that worked, but now: how to transfer all the midi automation I have written in the clip view on the midi arrangement? I tried with a simple copy and paste envelope on a single CC automation but sadly copy and paste between automation in the clip editor and arrangement view doesn't work at all. I can't either find a way to record the automation from the clip to the arrangement view..
is there something I am missing?

I just need to see more than one midi cc automation at the time (either in clip view or recording them in the arrangement), it seems something very basic to me but can't find a solution..

Any help would be great, thanks!