Macro MIDI CC + Push Colors

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
mercury007

Macro MIDI CC + Push Colors

Post by mercury007 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:20 pm

So many of us have hardware synths but currently integration in Live is fairly choppy. Sure you can send up an external instrument with audio in, which is great...but let's say you want to use your Push to drive the synths, this is what you have to do now:

1- Grab a maxforlive device, like cc16
https://maxforlive.com/library/device/446/cc-sender-16

2- Find your synths MIDI cc list

3- Rack the maxforlive device to 16 macros, then slowly configure all of the ccs

Couple of issues:

1- Ideally, these devices should be part of External Instruments & have 128 parameters

2- There should be a forum on here where people share these devices. Something like a Virus TI2 or Prophet-12 could have 100 different configs that are useful for different things. For ex, a lead may be better with certain things as the 1st 8 or 16 knobs vs what is needed for a pad. Most importantly, it would be useful to have a platform to share these

3- Ideally, the color on Macro knobs should match that on the Push

4- Finally, this would obviously extend to all VSTs - although given they do not use CCs, the primary suggestion I make is an easy to share forum - people load new VST threads & everyone can dump their macros in there (assuming they want to for free or link to paid versions). And additionally to get the color schemes onto the Push

Anyways I think that there seems to still be a large gap btwn hardware & software, in the long run, my hope is a forum for shared devices could extend to other MIDI devices like the Launch Control XL or whatever people are using. It's great that we have 1 million maxforlive devices, a bit baffled as to why we don't do that with simple configurations of currently existing products.

Why are we all re-doing each other's work over & over again?