Option to Record CC Automation to Arrangement View Instead of Clip View

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Slow Hand

Option to Record CC Automation to Arrangement View Instead of Clip View

Post by Slow Hand » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:04 pm

I'd like to request an option for recorded MIDI CC moves to be recorded into Arrangment View automation lanes instead of into automation lanes in Clip View.

Here's an example of the problem I'm facing: I am tracking an orchestral instrument with the Spitfire BBC Symphony library. As I perform I am making fader moves on a MIDI controller to (CC's 1, 10, and 11) to control dynamic swells. The issue is that these CC fader rides are saved to Clip View but not in the Arrangement View. So now, not only am I limited to looking at one CC lane at a time in Clip View, but I have to click through several menus every time I wish to edit the CC information. It would be far more convenient if this CC info was written into the automation lanes in Arrangement View, which work great and are easily to recall.

In order for this CC automation to appear in the Arrangement View I would have to manually map my faders to the CC's I wish to record and then un-map them and re-map them when I want to have my faders control an instrument on a different channel. This is solving one problem in exchange for another (just as tedious) problem.

I encountered this thread earlier as I searched for a solution to this very problem, so I know I'm not the only one frustrated by this lack of an option: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240377&p=1795958#p1795958