List of devices generating plugin related latency

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
phreedee

List of devices generating plugin related latency

Post by phreedee » Tue May 31, 2022 12:36 pm

I am quite sure that some of you guys had already to deal with annoying plugin latency related problems that grow with the progress of each track.
At the end of the day I sometimes catch myself hunting for culprits by hovering the arrow over every suspicious device in each track. :roll:

Unfortunately its inevitable to generate latency which is related to plugins during the production process.....but....

It must be possible to make them more or less least visible or better show them in a list of all plugins/devices with a row that shows latency generating by each plugin.

Thanks in advance

jlgrimes

Re: List of devices generating plugin related latency

Post by jlgrimes » Tue May 31, 2022 6:18 pm

phreedee wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:36 pm
I am quite sure that some of you guys had already to deal with annoying plugin latency related problems that grow with the progress of each track.
At the end of the day I sometimes catch myself hunting for culprits by hovering the arrow over every suspicious device in each track. :roll:

Unfortunately its inevitable to generate latency which is related to plugins during the production process.....but....

It must be possible to make them more or less least visible or better show them in a list of all plugins/devices with a row that shows latency generating by each plugin.

Thanks in advance
It would be nice to get something like a detailed CPU performance meter that shows all plugins in project current CPU use and latency it is adding to system. Studio One and Reaper has this.

Slow Hand

Re: List of devices generating plugin related latency

Post by Slow Hand » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:31 am

Both of these suggestions sounds great. I'd definitely use them.