Some Clip View improvements

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
compy

Some Clip View improvements

Post by compy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:06 pm

I humbly suggest some easy (I hope) features that may improve the workflow in Clip view

1) a simple command NORMALIZE that automatically raises up the gain until the highest peak of the clip reaches 0. It Would be useful to show the clippings with a vertical red line, when the gain slider is raised too high
2) when a MODULATION is automated inside the clip, it can't be seen on the modulation lane in arrangement view (The automation can be seen instead). It would be nice to display and edit it in arrangement view as well, with a line of a different color (say, blue instead of red)
3) I guess this is harder to implement, but here we go... :lol: An auto algorithm option. If selected, Ableton analyzes the clip and tries to choose the best algorithm between Beats, Tones, Texture, Complex and Complex Pro (no Re-Pitch of course), as well as their best inner parameters. As several solutions may be possible, after the first Ableton choice, users can "ask" for another one, this can be done for say 4 times, and the former choices may be recalled.
Many beginners have not clear their correct use (often leaving beats-arrow back and forth for complete tracks... making them sound "wrong") Ableton may help
4) Setting cue markers inside a clip may help a lot (say up to 8 ). They may be selected on the fly during a live jam. Think of the live remix of a whole track. Many people use Ableton for DJing as well. A cue points inside clip function may be useful. Ok A track may be split in several clip linked one each other. But during DJing this may be cumbersome. It must be prepared before in the project. Cue points may be saved directly into the clip settings of the audio file i.e. the .als clip file