Ableton 3D

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
albundi

Ableton 3D

Post by albundi » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Ableton is the best in my opinion, but i really like the graphics in FL Studio, I know the 2D helps Ableton keep CPU low but if there was an option to Make Ableton 3D Like fruity Loops It would make me oh so happy, I love the work flow of Ableton but the flat graphics can be a bit dull after a while. I know its asking a lot but if any company can make the perfect DAW its Ableton.

Rivanni

Re: Ableton 3D

Post by Rivanni » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:17 am

albundi wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:08 pm
if any company can make the perfect DAW it's Ableton.
This means that Live is perfect, which in turn means that flat is perfect. :D

But in all seriousness, I don't want my PC to spend too much resources on displaying 'nice' graphics.

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:31 am

"But in all seriousness, I don't want my PC to spend too much resources on displaying 'nice' graphics."

Agreed, though it's not the issue it used to be. Bitwig is entertaining to look at, but I've had to close a lot of stuff to keep the song playing smoothly on occasion.

If you want the antithesis of that, take a look at MultiTrackStudio. The guy doesn't even draw the waves in a timely fashion so there's no chance it will waste memory or affect playback.

pottering

Post by pottering » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:59 am

Bit offtopic, but Live's design also privileges the audio playback over everything else, Live's GUI will also stop updating if there isn't resources to update it without taking resources from keeping audio playing, MultiTrackStudio doesn't contrast with Live in that aspect.

Live's GUI runs in the GPU since Live 10, one of the reasons must have been exactly not to impact the audio playback with graphics rendering.
♥♥♥

jonljacobi

Post by jonljacobi » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:53 pm

MST just takes it to the nth degree. It starts that way. it doesn't create the bitmaps that most programs use for smooth scrolling and the draw routine is way down the list in priority. He wants it to run will as little memory usage as possible. I'm not knocking it. I quite like it.