More modulation please

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Chancery

More modulation please

Post by Chancery » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:41 am

There's one (and only one) thing about Bitwig that I prefer over Live, and that's the built-in modulation on every device, which happens to be unlimited (I think) and has its own inspector window to keep track of all modulation by source or target. Super neat. Unfortunately I dislike pretty much everything else about that DAW, so I'd love to see something similar implemented in Live.
I use tons of LFO and Shaper devices modulating the c**p out of everything and it gets too messy too quickly.
I keep grouping all the modulators together with the target devices, but it's kinda clunky compared to Bitwig's approach.

Raccoon13

Re: More modulation please

Post by Raccoon13 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:59 pm

Totally Agreed! :D

B3

Post by B3 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:59 pm

This would be a dream. Bitwig's modulation capability in Live.

tombee

Post by tombee » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:13 am

Yes, this bugs me no end that it's so time-consuming to add LFOs to modulate params on devices and plugins. In Bigwig it's so intuitive and easy. In Ableton it's messy and time consuming and also has too much visual clutter.

nival

Post by nival » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:58 am

well, in order to implement the same modulation tools as in Bitwig, you need a full-fledged PDC, in the form in which it is implemented now, it makes no sense.

tombee

Post by tombee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:57 am

Or at least a shortcut to the lfo from the configure section of the device page. When I add a param to the configure pane it's highly likely I'm going to want an lfo on that param so you could place a menu item in the context menu that ads an lfo and hooks it up to that param.