FEATURE REQ: "Chain 1" Shortcut

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
otalgia99

FEATURE REQ: "Chain 1" Shortcut

Post by otalgia99 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:03 am

Hello everyone,

When I wish upon a star, I often find myself fantasizing that there was a shortcut to directly access the first chain in the currently-focused rack, in order to streamline access to the interior chain list navigation we already enjoy (via "Up / Down Cursor") for getting to other chains in it.

Up / Down is nice, but... we need a way into the list first!

And me, I just hate stopping what I'm doing to reach for the trackpad or mouse so that I can click on the chain list. A single-key QWERTY solution could be just the ticket (assuming there are any of those left! :P )

I imagine that having the CHAIN FOLLOW option engaged might compel my proposed shortcut to be disengaged, since those two functionalities seem incompatible. but that's ok -- I'll just piggyback an additional feature request for the same kind of shortcut to control the CHAIN FOLLOW i / o onto this post as well!

For those of us who commonly stack chains (particularly INSTRUMENT chains, even if only crossfading between them) it would be nice to engage or disable CHAIN FOLLOW on the fly, as well as to get an easier way into the list itself.

Yours in astronomy,
O99
Perform. rig
MacBook Pro 2015 | OS 12.6 | 2.8 GHz Quad Intel i7 | 16Gb RAM | 4 Tb External HDD (USB3) | MicroBook IIc | Akai APC40 MkII | LIVE 11 Suite

Prod. rig
Mac Studio M1 Max | OS 13.2.1 | 64 Gb RAM | MiniStack STX | ApolloX6 | Live 11 Suite