Batch Export Function for Individually Selected Clips.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Erdbenutzer

Batch Export Function for Individually Selected Clips.

Post by Erdbenutzer » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:03 pm

It would be of tremendous help for :

- building sample Packs with alot of short one shots that otherwise would have to be edited (until nightmares start slowly surfacing)

- sorting and collecting certain parts from a song that could be useful for others or myself in other softwares or places

- Having a more in depth control over which parts of a track i want to export as a single track, maybe I only need the first half of the track (which would safe editing time and Diskspace) -> Wanting to have different export-lengths of different Tracks, starting at different positions without having to edit it afterwards (where the change in environment may have already obstructed the idea why it was cool to "single" export this part of the Song in the fist Place.)

- ... ? ... ? ... ? ... ? ... ?

---> As there is already a possibility to export selected tracks / every track in the project as individual files, I dont really see why it shouldn't be doable to go one step further down and make It even more accessible. A Batch export function would make alot of people smile, I really truly think that.

Cause the Workaround with having to use "crop" to have it in a dedicated folder / the crop folder is tideous and just not really intuitive, creating extra tracks and all those very unhandy process steps. That really kill the flow for me (and I believe others with similar needs as well)

The Max4Device that is around, is also not doing the trick fully cause it still needs a extra audio track and remains unpractical in comparison to having it inbuilt as a streamlined feature of the program. It would free mind by alot. If anyone is interested regardless of what I just said -> Take a peek : https://szk-1992.gumroad.com/l/AgPHE -> Kentaro Suzuki - Batch Exporter

------> It could work via a visual Marker, that you can right click on a clip, set a certain setting to active and also see that in a visual way on the clips themselves, and/or, having a list where they are grouped to when checked, where I can go through and play the clips to hear what they contain + see a visual representation the gathered content.

--> Combined with a "undo" button in the export window that makes it possible to >project wide deselect / uncheck< all of the samples chosen, to avoid further distraction, or after the export has been done, to remain a better overview. / or more creative potential.

------> Which would already help quite a lot (setting the whole visual representation situation aside) that it only exports individually classically-cmd/strg-selected clips, which definitely gets a lot more scary to accidentally misclick in a bigger project while in the selection process, but it would totally be nice to have, even in this more "bare bones" way.

----

I may edit this "proposal" in the future... but I dearly wish for this or something similar to happen in the future, cause that honestly would be quite the bomb for a more usable way of working with recorded audio / samples in general. Would be a big fat plus for me.

Let me know what you think, fellow sample juggling human beings that have read through this and would also care for a change there.

:!: ! Have a good one ! :!: